Monday, January 27, 2014

Thankful

I don't have much to report on our baby girl tonight.  Her heart is not functioning as well as we had hoped by now so we are trying to figure out the right dose of her lasix.  I met with the blood doctor again today and he said she would need to take blood thinners for around 3 months.  Unfortunatly babys don't do very well with oral blood thinners so we either stay at the hospital  till the clots clear or we take her home and give her shots in her groin 2 times a day.   She also had several episodes of SVT that they are using a pace maker to kick her out of it for now.

Today I am so thankful.  Thankful for all of the wonderful people in our lives who have helped us in so many ways.  From the prayers being said all across the world, to my 5,000-10,000 views everyday on my blog.  My high school friends who have gone above and beyond starting fundraisers to help us with the mounting costs of hotels, food, taxi cabs etc. All of the Amazing people who have been bringing me dinners at night so i don't have to eat cafeteria food 3 times a day.  the cards and gift packages i have received and my kids have received in wyoming to let them know that people are thinking about them too.  To my new "heart family"  the moms who check in on me everyday who have been here and had that fear of losing their child.  I could not do this without them.   They help me to feel not so alone.  I am thankful for my husband who is at home working and taking care of the house.  He had to go grocery shopping (which i don't think he has done in 6 years), im pretty sure he came home with chips, energy drinks and jerky lol.  I know this is so hard on him being so far away from his family.  To my family who have put there life on hold to take care of my kiddos and help them to feel at home.  My cousin in law (is that even a word?) who let them come to her preschool and is keeping them for a few days while my parents go to state special olympics.

How did i get so lucky?  I have so many people who truly care about my family and hurt when we hurt.  I am sure i have forgot people and i know that i will never be able to express to all of you how much stress you have taken off of us by being there and caring.

I hope for good news tomorrow.  Well lets be honest i hope for good news everyday :)  She'll get there.. if i say it enough eventually i will believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment