Friday, January 17, 2014

she moved

Capri moved her hands!  She hasn't opened her eyes and she isn't making controlled movements but she is having muscle spasms and is trying to hold our finger when we put it under her fingers.  Its a small step but we know that her brain is working. 
We spent the day trying to get her to wake up, singing her songs kissing her fingers and toes and whispering in her ear.  Her body just needs a little more time.  Throughout the day she started trying to breathe over the ventilator so we are hoping that we might be able to try to take her breathing tube out in the morning.  We have been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks now but it feels like 2 months.  I cant believe all that has happened in two weeks. 

We only have 2 more days left before A and B leave to go stay in Wyoming with my parents.  The longest I have been away from them is a few days.  Being across the country from them is going to be so hard.  I love my big bear hugs from B and how A comes in my bed in the middle of the night to snuggle.  We left the hospital a little early tonight to spend time with them.  We found a place called bounce world where they got to jump on a million bounce houses and Mike and I got to ride a mechanical bill.  Having a sick child doesn't leave a lot of time for things like this.  Asking someone to babysit her is stressful for them and I spend the whole time worrying something is going to happen if I leave.  Being able to spend time with A and B and know that C is in a safe place I was able to relax for a few hours and forget about the stress we have been dealing with.  it was nice to feel like the world wasn't falling down on me.  We got back to the hotel and our world came right back.  I miss my baby.  I want to hold her and kiss her without worrying that im going to bump her breathing tube.  I want to lay with her at night and have her fall asleep in my arms. Get better baby girl we miss you.
                                       Precious baby please open those beautiful blue eyes
 Ashton lost his other front tooth today!  my little klutz who runs into walls.   :)  good thing hes so cute
                                               having some fun practicing his bull riding skills

No comments:

Post a Comment