Thursday, January 23, 2014

cautiously optimistic

Im afraid to say today was a good day but... today was a good day :) We took the breathing tube back out and took out one of her central lines.  She also got to eat out of a bottle for the first time in 2 weeks. Please let this be real and let her really be getting better.  She looks like my normal skinny happy baby. We were finally able to give her a bottle as well.  She drank it with no problems which is such a relief.  I have been worried that the feeding tube was going to set us back and she was going to forget how to eat.

We were also able to weigh her today,  she is 9 pounds 4 ounces.  She lost 11 precious ounces in the last 3 weeks.  So either the section of her heart they removed weighed 3/4 a pound or she desperately needs food :)
I am laying in bed tonight hoping that this isn't a fluke and she really is on the mend.  a few more days and her lung will inflate. a few days after that and the knick in her lymphatic system will heal a few more days after that we will get to come home.  please oh please let this be the case.  I miss my family.  I miss my own bed and more then anything i miss cuddling with my 3 beautiful children!

No comments:

Post a Comment