Wednesday, February 26, 2014

home

The last two days have been such a whirlwind ive barely been able to catch my breath.  We found out yesterday evening that insurance had approved the lifeflight and we would be leaving in the morning.  I spent the evening at Amanda and Chris's hotel visiting with them and Jessica and Aaron. Realizing that this is probably the last time we will all be together but not wanting to admit it.  We delayed our goodbyes and said they could wait until the morning.  I tossed and turned all night so excited that it was finally time to come home. 
I got to the hospital this morning around 730 so I had time to see all of the doctors and nurses and say all of my goodbyes.  All morning everyone from surgeons to the janitor lady came in to give us a hug and wish us good luck.  All of these amazing people, my family when I was alone.  I am going to miss them all so much!

We loaded capri into a transport van and then onto the lifeflight.  The flight was so different from our one out to Minnesota.  Capri slept the whole way and did fine on room air.  I took a nap and the lifeflight nurse read a newspaper.  it was a no stress relaxed trip.  Once we got to primary childrens and got the doctors and nurses  re acquainted with Capri we noticed her sats had dropped into the 80s.  I knew being off oxygen was going to be short lived here but I was hoping it would last more then a few minutes.    She drifted in and out of sleep most of the afternoon and woke up just long enough to give her daddy a big grin.  We are back home now but will head up to the hospital first thing in the morning.  It feels so great to be in my own bed with my husband laying next  to me.  Now we just need A B and C back to make our family complete

No comments:

Post a Comment