Saturday, February 1, 2014

silver lining

Nights are hard.  I get caught up in all of the negatives that happened during the day and tend to forget about the positives. Everyday I have been able to hold Capri.  Normally they don't let you hold the baby while they are on a breathing machine because its pretty tricky.  Our nurses have been so great though and have let me hold her for a few minutes everyday.  I am so grateful for this.  I don't feel quite so hopeless.  We weren't able to take the breathing tube out today because she still isn't ready.  Hopefully tomorrow she will show us that she can handle breathing without it and will be successful in keeping it out.   Ive had several visitors today.  Wonderful people who have heard about our heart warrior and came to check on me.  I am so grateful for these women.  They help this new chaotic life of mine feel somewhat normal.  I am hopeful that tomorrow will be a positive day.  






No comments:

Post a Comment