Saturday, March 1, 2014

pulse ox

Last night was quite the night!  We couldnt get Capris oxygen to stay in the 90s despite having her be on 1 1/2 liters of oxygen.  Both our home health nurse and the cfardiologist where concerned that we left the hospital to early and she maybe wasnt ready.  The on call dr called me 4 times throughout the night to check her oxygen and i woke up probably every 15 minutes to make sure she was okay.

This morning as i was playing with her and getting her dressed for the day I noticed her oxygen was at 105.  How is that possible?  After looking more closely i realized that we had been reading the machine wrong this whole time.  We were looking at her heart rate vs her oxygen.  She was sating at 100 with no oxygen on.  I think my brain has finally decided its had enough and left for good.

We spent the rest of the day playing. I went grocery shopping which was a little surreal.  I just kept thinking to myself.. are we really home?  Do we really get to stay home?  I can cook meals and not have my regular "grilled cheese and french fries lunch"  It feels so good to be home i dont even know how to describe it.

A winter storm hit wyoming so A and B where not able to come home today.  Hopefully the roads will open up tommorow and we will be able to have our family together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment